The Training and Placement and Cell of the College was inaugurated on June 2002 by Padmabhusan Dr. Jacob Cherian , The Cell, thus brought into being, started its activities under the charge of Dr. Rajalakshmi, Head of Department of Placement cell .Now the cell is coordinated by Placement coordinators. The Training and Placement Cell in the college arranges campus selection of students, personality development programmes, training for interviews and competitive examinations, industrial training for students, assistance for higher studies in India and abroad, and other career development schemes.
The principal objective of the Cell is to enhance the professionalism and employability of the students of the college so as to facilitate the achievement of their career goals. This entails the following:
- Augment institution-industry interaction
- Expose the students to Industrial environments
- Render the students to participate in value-added programmes
- Assess the aspirations of the students for their chosen field/career
- Assist the students in realizing their short-term career goals
- Update the information regarding developmental activities in the various industrial sectors.
Placement coordinators conducting training for final year students nearly 100 hrs per semester. They covered areas such as:
- Personality Development
- Communication Skills
- CV Preparation
- Group Discussion
- Interview Management
- Aptitude Tests
- English Language
The feed-back from the students on these programmes were effusive and showed them to be very effective.
A list of students who secured placement in some important companies is given here. Some more companies are expected to visit the college for recruitment once the university examinations are over.
List of Companies
List of Students get placed in the following companies
- Birla Soft
- CURUSHIN SHIP
- Computer Science Corporation Pvt Ltd
- Agile Software
- United Software
- Wincare, Twinsoft
- Accel front line
- RAJSOFT SOLUTIONS PVT.LTD
- PERRIT TECHNOLOGIES
Dr [Mrs.]. R. Rajalakshmi
PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER
Mr. J. Crispin Wesley