Science & Humanities
The Department of Science and Humanities was inaugurated in the year 2001 with the beginning of the college. It encompasses four divisions namely Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and English having well-experienced faculty members. The distinctive strength of the department is its excellent coordination in carrying out the academic responsibilities effectively. It caters to the requirements of the society. It visions to transform the younger generation into responsible persons and desire to guide the engineers towards the path of success. The department has a separate block which includes very good infrastructure. It seeks to uphold and develop quality in an institution of higher learning of Engineering and Technology. It is consigned to produce competent graduates with the apposite skill entailed for industry and market place adding to afford enhanced communication skills and societal responsibility.
To enable students engrossed in the related fields of Science and Humanities and, thereby, honing their skills in humanistic subjects and consequently, making them ready to face the challenges posed by the fast growing scenario in Engineering and Technology.
To aim at excelling in communication skills and by adhering to moral and professional principles in life, students’ future and career will be enhanced for their betterment. This is achieved by being open to various avenues of opportunities which will result in their bright future.
Dr. Nirmala Baby
Programme Educational Objectives (PEO’s)
- The graduates will extend resolution to the factual world problems in different field of Engineering and Technology.
- The graduates will find out the most recent trends in technology through self learning in the field of design, analysis and synthesis of engineering systems.
- The graduates will reveal leadership skills and improve their abilities through lifelong learning.
- The graduates will transmit their profession with ethics, integrity, competency and social responsibility.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSO’s)
- Engineering Knowledge: Concern the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Design/Development of solutions: Intend solutions for complex engineering problems and propose system components or processes that congregate the denoted needs with suitable deliberation for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Modern Tool Usage: Generate, choose, and apply suitable techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including calculation and modeling to complex engineering fields with an understanding of the constraint.
- Environment and Sustainability: Realize the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and exhibit the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
Dr. Nirmala Baby
M.Sc., M.Phil., Ph.D.,
Department of Science and Humanities is a multidisciplinary functioning with a team of dedicated faculty members who have been actively engaged in teaching of Basic sciences, English and Environmental studies. Our Staff members have commendable achievements to their credit in the areas of research and publications. The subjects offered being Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, English and Environmental science. The department science and Humanities fosters competency in technical and communication skills. The staff members have commendable achievements to their credit in the areas of research and publications.
Ms. G. Veronical
Mrs. K. Deepika
Ms. M. Priyadevi
M.Sc., M.Tech., (Ph.D.,)
Ms. T. Karthika
Dr. R. Selva Priya
M.Sc., M.Phil., B.Ed., Ph.D.,
Mrs. A. Sinthu
B.A., B.L.I.Sc., M. L.I.Sc.
Lab Demonstrator Chemistry
Dr. K. Sekar
M.A., M.Phil., B.Ed., Ph.D.,