Internal Complaints Committee
As per the guidelines of UGC, NAAC and the Supreme Court an Internal Complaints Committee (Anti-Sexual Harassment committee) has been established by Christian College of Engineering and Technology to provide a healthy and congenial atmosphere to the staff and students of the College. Sexual harassment is a violation of an individuals’ right to work and live with dignity.
- To develop guidelines and norms for a policy against sexual harassment.
- To gender sensitization organize awareness programmes.
- To recommend appropriate punitive action against victims.
- To provide information regarding counseling and support services on our campus.
- To ensure that students, faculty and staff are provided with current and comprehensive materials on sexual harassment and assault
The cell deals with issues related to sexual harassment at CCET. It is applicable to all students, staff and faculty members. A complaint of discrimination or sexual harassment may be lodged by the victim or a third party. A written complaint may be addressed to the convener of the committee. The convener of the committee will take necessary action as per Supreme Court guidelines on sexual harassment.
A student guilty of sexual harassment shall be liable to give a written apology to the victim and any of the following punitive actions:
- Withholding/withdrawing scholarship/fellowship and other benefits.
- Rustication from College for a period up to a certain period or Expulsion from the College.
- Promote measures aimed at achieving gender equality, removal of gender bias or discrimination, sexual harassment and other acts of gender based violence.
- Receive and redress complaints received from any member of the College (including students, research scholars, staff, hostel residents and outsiders on College premises) alleging sexual harassment by another member(s) of the College.
- Organize awareness programmers and campaigns for the benefit of all members of the College on sexual harassment and gender based discrimination.
- Conduct formal inquiry and investigate and take decisions upon each complaint and recommend appropriate punishment or action to be taken, by the appropriate authority, in each instance.
- Ensure that all information pertaining either to complaints registered and the proceedings and findings of any inquiries and/or investigations are kept strictly confidential.