The Department of Electronic and Communication Engineering was established in the year 2001.The Department was started with an objective to impart high quality education in the field of Electronic and Communication Engineering. Electronics aim at making the life of human beings more comfortable. Communication brings them together. The vast application of Electronics and the rapid advancements in the field of Communications makes the study of this branch a coveted option. This branch lays a strong emphasis on the fundamentals to facilitate students to understand complex Engineering subjects in an interesting and stimulating environment. This course has been designed to meet the needs of the modern Communications and Electronics Industry and has particular strengths in the areas of Digital Signal Processing, VLSI Design, Radio, Radar and Microwave Electronics. It aims to produce technically competent engineers who can enter a variety of fields in the Electronics & Communications Industry and organizations there in.
|UG||B.E.||Electronics and Communication Engineering|
UG Program educational objectives
- To prepare students to excel in undergraduate programmes and to succeed in industry / technical profession through global, rigorous education. To provide student with an academic environment aware of excellence, outstanding leadership
- To provide students with a solid foundation in mathematical, scientific and engineering fundamentals. To train students with good scientific and engineering breadth so as to comprehend, analyze, design, and create novel products and solutions for the real life problems.
- To inculcate in students professional and ethical attitude, effective communication skills, teamwork skills, multidisciplinary approach, and an ability to relate engineering issues to broader social context, additional courses with regard to physical, psychological and career growth.
UG Programme Outcomes
- Graduates will demonstrate an ability to identify, formulate and solve engineering problems, Design a system, component or process as per needs and specifications.
- Graduate will demonstrate skills to use modern engineering tools, software’s and equipment to analyze problems. Demonstrate knowledge of professional and ethical responsibilities. They are Able to communicate effectively in both verbal and written form.
- Graduate will show the understanding of impact of engineering solutions on the society and also will be aware of contemporary issues. They also develop confidence for self education and ability for life-long learning.
The Alumni of the previous years have been placed in reputed organizations like Infosys, Mahindira Infotech, Satyam, Syntel, Wipro, Polaris, Accenture, Convansys, TCS, Dell, Syntel, CTS, Capgemini, Value Labs, etc. Some of them are pursuing M.Tech, MBA and MS courses in India & abroad.
|The Department Organized a one day seminar on ‘ Art of Journal Writing “ on 17.11.2012|