Department of Mechanical Engineering
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
Mechanical Engineering is one of the most creative, broadest and most versatile of the engineering professions. Successful completion of this degree having wide range of opportunities worldwide.
The Department of Mechanical Engineering was established in the year 2009 with an intake of 60 students. Currently it has a combined strength of 120 students. Post graduate program M.E Manufacturing was started in the year 2014 and currently running with an intake of 24 students.
The department boasts a team of qualified teachers and professionals skilled in grooming students for the greater responsibilities they have to shoulder in the years to come. The state-of-the-art Laboratories, the well-balanced curriculum and the experienced faculties as well as practical hands on workshop experience of students in fulfilling the ever more pressing needs of the industry.
1. Design and development of solutions:
Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
2. Individual and team work:
Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary setting.
Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
4. Environment and sustainability:
Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
5. Engineering knowledge:
Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
6. Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
To become a centre of excellence in Mechanical engineering, producing innovative and creative Mechanical engineers to meet the challenges the new environment poses.
- Imparting quality education in Mechanical Engineering to meet the global challenges.
- Enlightening the students as to their professional and ethical responsibilities and training them to build leadership and entrepreneur qualities for a successful career.
- Creating ample opportunities, also guiding students accordingly to acquire jobs.