Department of Electrical & Electronics Engineering
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
The department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering at Christian College of Engineering and Technology was established in the year 2005.The department offers an undergraduate program, B.E Electrical & Electronics Engineering and a post graduate program M.E Power Electronics and Drives which was established in the year 2013. Electrical and Electronics Engineering is a continuously evolving subject. As technology has advanced, so have the challenges facing the modern engineer. Electrical and Electronics Engineering involves application of the basic principles of electricity and electronics to develop machineries, semiconductor devices and control systems, has significantly paved way towards a sustainable lifestyle. The department has a dedicated team of well qualified faculty, maintaining the prescribed norms of the University of which 3 are pursuing Ph.D. The faculty has sound knowledge in emerging areas like embedded systems, power electronics applications in power systems. The breadth and depth of the research interests of the academic staff ensures a high standard of lecture courses and provides excellent opportunities for challenging and stimulating final year projects.
M.E. Power Electronics & Drives
There is a growing awareness about the future training and education of electrical engineers. In modern industry, there is a need in the area to be highly efficient, formation of industry-relevant skills, and to enable frequent and rapid deployment of professional skills in new areas. As a step in this direction, the postgraduate program in Power Electronics & Drives was evolved. The department has a sophisticated laboratory facilities meeting the norms of the University to cater the needs of the PG students.
To provide holistic education with the state of the art technology, to bring out students of excellent technical caliber, who would engage in research, design and development to acquire self-confidence towards nation building in its pursuit for its technological advancements to meet societal needs.
- Create a conducive and a sustainable environment of learning to equip students acquire knowledge and learn to apply it professionally.
- Train students to pursue higher education to contribute towards teaching profession, research and development.
- Improve the knowledge and skill set of the students for catering to the needs of the industry and motivate them to become entrepreneurs.
- Equip students to become experts in practical problem solving with abstract thinking skills.
- Develop innovative, competent, ethical and quality engineers to contribute for technical advancements.
- Provide state-of-the-art facilities for continual improvement in teaching-learning process and research activities.