The Christian College of Engineering and Technology is located in Oddanchatram, Dindigul District of Tamilnadu, in the low range of beautiful Kodai hills. The collge was established in the year 2001 by Late. Padmabhushan. Dr. Jacob Cherian and Dr. (Mrs.) Mary Cherian who were pioneers in the field of Medicine, who took up the cause for noble mission of serving the rural community and imparting value added education. The Engineering College was the last to be started by them though the other mission work in the field of health, development and education dates back half a century. The Engineering college was started in this rural area because of the founders' strong desire for inculating technical education for the poor and needy of the rural backward class. With a view to empowering the rural youth, the college stands as an epitome of service and quality education.
The college offers six Under Graduate(UG)Courses namely
- B.E. Electronics and Communication Engg. (ECE).
- B.E. Electrical and Electronics Engineering (EEE).
- B.E. Computer Science andEngineering (CSE).
- B.Tech. Information Technology(IT).
- B.E. Mechanical Engineering (MECH).
- B.E. Civil Engineering (CIVIL).
and 5 Post Graduate (PG) Courses
- M.E. Applied Electronics
- M.E. Power Electronics and Drives
- M.E. Computer Science and Engineering
- M.E. Manufacturing Engineering
- M.E. Construction Engineering and Management
The institution has good academic and extra curricular facilities with well qualified faculty. The College has sophisticated laboratories, a well furnished library and good computing facilities.